Hmmm. How do we interview when we’re stuck at home and the only willing participant is the cat?
What we’re doing
- Working out together how we can find someone to interview
- Working out the tech – there’s a folder in the Drive called #teamTAFE Tech Tips – add yours there so we can all share ideas
- Record a short interview. Here are the rules:
- Have a purpose for your interview – what are you trying to find out?
- Write a list of questions, then read them aloud to yourself – use the 5Ws and H to guide your line of questioning
- Check your recording equipment – more on this in our class discussion
- If you can, take notes while you interview – it helps you listen to what the other person is saying, and makes it easier to ask follow-up questions
OMG who can I interview rn!?
- Phone a friend
- If you’re feeling brave, contact someone you don’t know – think about how the latest developments might have affected people (the local cafe, your gym, someone you know whose kids are now at home, a younger sibling)
- It’s ok to interview a family member
- It’s ok (but my preferred last resort) to interview a classmate
- Someone we can feature in our radio show this week
- Someone whose story we can post on Off Campus
- A quick brainstorm where we work out ideas together
- When everyone has someone to interview, write some questions
- Michael and I will be in the Zoom Room if you need to ask questions/chat
- Record your interview
- Upload to this folder in Google Drive
Ideally, we’d love stuff we can use in the show on Friday. If you have issues with audio editing on your computer or uploading your file/s, please email me.