Kapwing is a really simple little creative tool – it’s free, and you can use it to make simple videos, photo stories, posts for social media, and even memes.
This week and next we’re going to make a couple of things so we get to know our way around it. Disclaimer: I’m new to this too, so learning with you.
I have created a shared workspace where I want you to make your projects, and would like you to work in groups of two chosen by Michael and me.
Here’s an example of a video you could make at home – the writing is its real strength, and the rest of the production could be done in your lounge room.
Another example of a simple story with text:
And another really simple one:
(But let’s start with really simple and really easy!)
- Open Chrome, Safari, or Firefox (NOT Internet Explorer)
- Sign in to Kapwing
- Go to our #teamTAFE shared workspace
- Click on “new project” and explore for a while – like Canva it offers you various templates for different projects
- Plan a simple story together
A short story about you – who are you? What do you like to do? Where did you come from?
A photo story with subtitles, text slides, or narration – it could be a music festival you went to, a slideshow of your best friends, a story of a place that is important to you
Something about pirates and piracy for Off Campus and our socials
A story inspired by current events
A series of memes
- Your story must be optimised for mobile viewing
- Keep text simple – use a sans serif font and either black on white or white on black. Make it large enough to be read on the screen of an iPhone 5
- If you use photos, video, or music, they must be your own, or CC-licenced
- NOTE: Projects only remain in the free version of Kapwing for seven days, so if you love the thing you make, download and save it!