BY DEBORAH BAUER
First up – how are you?
Are you on track to finish your assessment? (For this class, and your Wednesday class.) Any points of stress?
Do you need any extra help? More time? Some time on campus? A chat to work out how to get things done?
How are you balancing your study workload, your other commitments and your down time?
Today you will have another opportunity to choose what you do.
Check the assessment brief to make sure you’re on track.
Use this time to work on completing your assessment.
Priority: WordPress – WordPress step by step
Look at your WordPress site, and at your social media accounts:
- Make a list of the things you need to post on your WordPress site. Think about the stories you have written, audio stuff you’ve made, and any scripts, graphics, audiograms, videos, photos … anything! This list can also contain things you have made outside TAFE.
- Post your stuff. Videos and audio need to be hosted somewhere before you embed them in a post (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud)
- Do you have widgets on your WordPress?
- Do you have an About page?
- Have you changed your header image, or are you still using the photo WordPress gave you? (Change it, or remove it entirely)
- Have another look at the Categories in your menu. Are there any that are empty? Do you want to rethink your menu and categories?
- Are your social accounts (Twitter, Instagram in particular) linked to your WordPress site, and do they fit with your WordPress theme and design?
- Do you love your theme? If you don’t, you can change it without losing any of your work.
Some more Tips and Tricks