BY RUTH BERAN
First, let’s take a look another at the Subject Guide.
Assessment Part 1 is a WHS Report.
Assessment Part 2 is a Career Advice Report.
- Is there a media professional or business owner who you admire that you would like to interview about their work/career? Start thinking about who you might contact now.
Assessment Part 3 is a Work Placement Diary.
- How do you find work experience or internship opportunities?
- If you could choose anywhere to work where would it be?
- How might COVID impact on your options?
- If you are thinking of running your own business, consider networking with business owners and arranging some informational interviews.
“An informational interview is an informal conversation you can have with someone working in an area of interest to you. It is an effective research tool and is best done after preliminary online research. It is. not a job interview, and the objective is not to find job openings.” https://career.berkeley.edu/Info/InfoInterview
Job application documents
Today we are focusing on the documents needed to apply for jobs and work experience. We’ll also create a WordPress site for your professional portfolio.
Let’s step through these blogs written by our fearless leader Natalie Pozdeev:
Applications are often sent by email, here are some tips on how to write them.
- Write a bio for your new WordPress site.
If you don’t know how to write a bio or answer the question “tell me about yourself”, read more here.
- Write a cover letter for a job you want to apply for. (You don’t have to hit “send” at the end of this exercise – but it helps to have a real job ad to start with.)