BY RUTH BERAN
First a news quiz.
DISCUSSION: Assessment 1 – due next week (min. 500 words)
Take some time to familiarise yourself with the Off Campus publishing platforms (offcampus.media, TAFE Radio, and the social media accounts), and the Off Campus Handbook and Style Guide.
As a class group, conduct a meeting (or meetings) and submit a report (minimum 500 words) that outlines the following:
- the purpose of each platform and its likely audience;
- the kinds of stories and other content that will best serve the audience you identify;
- ideas for promoting the platforms to a wider audience;
- a list of resources required by your group as story creators and producers;
- a diary of permissions that might need to be sought when creating content (where appropriate);
- a schedule or calendar for story production; and
- the social, cultural, ethical, legal, and environmental issues you should consider when managing the Off Campus sites and accounts and publishing stories.
PITCH: your story ideas for this week
Then go, CREATE.