Research and write a Feature Story for your portfolio.
The story should demonstrate evidence of research conducted from a number of sources and must contain quotes or audio grabs obtained from interview/s with at least two (2) people.
Written features should be 800 words in length.
Audio features should be 2-3 minutes in length.
Check out Week 9 to remind you of the following in more detail.
- A clear Three-Act Structure
- Include the 5 Ws: What, Why, Who, Where, When
- May also need to include H: How
- Don’t forget the 3 Cs: Clear, Concise, Correct
- An attention-getting headline
- Make use of the The Inverted Pyramid
Here’s a little reminder about the key features of a feature piece from ThoughtCo.
- It’s about how people are affected
- Have an angle
- Keep it objective
- Quote people (nice and high in the story)
- Don’t get flowery
- Don’t plagiarise
How to get started?
You can research stories online, read newspapers/magazines or listen to the radio. You may get a story idea from a family member, TV show, old postcard, photo or a childhood memory. If you’re stuck for ideas, try one of the many brainstorming ideas in Week 11.
Now get writing!
Reminder: Please upload your Task 3 feature to the Final Assessments folder.