BY RUTH BERAN
Brand positioning is the space a company owns in the mind of a customer and how it differentiates itself from competitors.
Brand positioning is the way to build a strong brand, it’s a type of marketing strategy that helps companies (and people) set themselves apart.
- What are some strong brands that you can think of?
- What makes these brands strong?
- Can you think of some brand names that have become generic terms for all similar products?
- Why is it important for a person or a business to have a strong brand?
- How can a company or a person build a strong brand?
Crafting a brand position statement conveys a value proposition to a brand’s ideal customers.
DISCUSS: Develop a brief brand positioning statement for your own social media accounts and WordPress site. Include things such as:
- Target market
- Market category
- Customer pains
- Brand promise
- Brand identity and values
Social media is a great way to build a brand. It gives people a way to have a conversation with you.
DISCUSS: To build a brand:
- Do you need to be on multiple social media platforms?
- Do you need lots of followers?
- How often do you need to post?
Monetising your socials
One way to monetise your socials is to become an influencer.
Research ten ways to monetise your socials and discuss in class.