Write a 200-300 word story, explaining a concept, idea or thing that everyone should know about but doesn’t.
When you’re done:
Post it to your WordPress site with an appropriate headline and CC-licensed image.
Need some help getting started?
Think of a very specific topic or question to answer.
Here are some broad ideas:
- Science (biology, physics, chemistry, astronomy…)
- Social phenomena (rituals, beliefs, sub-cultures…)
- Technology (hardware, software, mobile…)
- History (of sport, language, place…)
- Arts (music, film, literature, painting, photography…)
- Social media
- Pop culture
Once you choose your broad topic, start narrowing it down. The more specific and narrow a topic you can get, the easier this exercise will be.
DIFFICULT: What is bitcoin?
EASIER: What do bitcoin miners actually do?
DIFFICULT: What’s the history of football?
EASIER: Why did they introduce the offside rule?
DIFFICULT: Why you should watch Australian films
EASIER: Why you should know about Warwick Thornton