BY RUTH BERAN and NATALIE POZDEEV
Before the break we looked at our Career Advice Reports.
- Did you send some messages?
- Get any responses?
- What did you do well?
- What could you improve in your approach?
- What can you do more of, or better?
How can we look for work experience, internships, work, volunteer opportunities?
Continue reading “Week 9 (20/4): Finding work”
TOPIC: Applying for work experience
REFLECT: Do you have all of the tools you need to apply for work?
- Cover letter
- LinkedIn profile
- WordPress site
- Social media platforms
- Samples of work (eg writing, radio demo etc)
What works well?
What can be improved?
Continue reading “Week 6 (16/3): Making a plan to get work experience”
BY RUTH BERAN
Professional phone calls
Finding the courage to make a professional phone call can be hard, but it is well worth the effort.
Continue reading “Week 4 (2/3): Professional visibility – contacts, calling and LinkedIn”
- When you’ve applied for a job in the past has it been by email, online, phone, or in person?
- Have you ever called to speak to someone about a job before applying?
- What did you say?
- What questions did you ask?
- Did you get the job?